Q. What is GPF?
A. The Global Peering Forum is a yearly networking event that promotes interconnection among networks, content, cloud, and digital media organizations and related entities. The 2019 meeting will be the 14th meeting. This year’s GPF host sponsors are AMS-IX, DE-CIX, Equinix, JPNAP, LINX, Netflix, and NL-ix.
Q. Who should attend GPF?
A. We highly recommend GPF for peering and interconnection decision makers at organizations actively involved in exchanging internet traffic. If you are not an interconnection decision maker for your organization, we genuinely appreciate your interest in GPF and can suggest a number of other network and operations-focused events that might be appropriate to attend.
Q. Is there a list of currently registered GPF 14 attendees?
A. Yes! Please see the Current Attendee List.
Q. Is there a meeting maker for GPF 14?
A. Yes! Meeting times will be included on the Agenda and paid attendees should have received a meeting maker invite from email@example.com. For additional help:
- How to Request a Private Meeting
- How to Edit a Private Meeting
- How to Remove/Decline a Private Meeting
- For an iCal feed of your meetings for use in Google Calendar or other apps, click on My Schedule from the homepage, then on Export, then right click (or control-click) on “Subscribe to My Schedule in Outlook” to copy the link to your .ics feed
- To request a meeting using the mobile site, click on Attendees, find one attendee you would like to meet with, then click the Meet button in the upper right. After this, you can add additional attendees, and select a time and location.
Q. How do I book a hotel room at the GPF rate?
A. Your registration confirmation email will contain a link to book at the GPF rate
Q. Are additional hotel nights available at the GPF rate before or after the event?
A. Yes, pending availability there may be rooms available at the GPF rate through the GPF hotel link
Q. Where can I find GPF sponsorship information?
A. We have a limited number of sponsorships remaining for GPF 14 on our Sponsorship Opportunities page. Thanks for your interest!
Q. Are there attendee guidelines I can review before attending?
A. There is an Attendance Charter available, covering activities that are generally prohibited for anti-discriminatory and legal reasons. Bottom line: please show the utmost respect for other attendees, sponsors, staff, contractors, and venue employees, and don’t be mean.
Q. I do not like your rules. Can I just stay down the street and crash GPF?
A. We would greatly appreciate respect of the mission of GPF and our activities. Crashing GPF would reflect poorly on you and your organization and might be noted in future considerations of interactions. Our primary goal is to maximize the success of the event for all attendees by recruiting a variety of relevant and interesting individuals.