Global Peering Forum Event Attendance Charter
The Global Peering Forum Inc. (“GPF”) is a business league focused on advancing the interests of our members. One of the key activities of GPF is to host events designed to encourage discussion of contemporary topics in internet interconnection and meet with other attendees. The success of these events depends on the activities of a variety of parties including members, other attendees, sponsor representatives, and the Board of Directors.
GPF encourages discussion at its events on interconnection topics and issues. GPF does expect, however, that each person in attendance at a GPF event, or an event hosted by a GPF Sponsor in connection with a GPF event, will conduct themselves and act in a thoroughly professional manner with respect for all others in attendance.
GPF expects that all attendees, employees, contractors, and sponsors of GPF activities or events, physical or digital, shall act in accordance with the following guidelines as established and amended, from time to time, by the GPF Board of Directors.
The following activities are not permitted at GPF activities or events, physical or digital:
- Disruption of meeting activities, including social events
- Sexual harassment or physical assault of any other person
- Engaging in any activity that discriminates or is offensive related to gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, socioeconomic status, or family status
- Disrespectful behavior towards any other event participant or staff member
- Audio or video recording, or photography of any sort, of any presentation or material presented at a GPF event unless explicitly and publicly authorized prior to that presentation
- Participation or attendance by non-registered individuals
- Distribution of marketing material or soliciting business without a event sponsorship agreement in place, and/or outside of the sponsor exhibit space
- No violation of event venue (hotel, social event, etc.) rules and regulations including any activities related to smoking, closed venue areas, and/or outside alcohol consumption, including distribution or consumption of alcohol in hotel or other venue space contracted by GPF and not served by venue-licensed providers.
The Board of Directors may, at its discretion, issue any of the following sanctions in response to a violation of the attendance charter.
- Verbal alert to an issue by one or more Board of Director members or event venue staff
- Suspension of an individual from current or future GPF events
- Suspension of any individual from an offending organization from any future GPF events
- Limitation on attendees from offending organization at future events
- Removal from contracted venue space by venue security
- Loss of membership